Do you Suffer from Scrupulosity? Take this quiz
Aug 18, 2009 | Author: Bio Behavioral Institute
SCORING GUIDE: Add up the responses to all the questions to earn a total score. The higher your total score, the more likely it is that you may be suffering from scrupulosity.
This quiz is not intended to be a diagnostic tool. If you suspect that you may have OCD, please seek an evaluation by a mental health professional trained in the diagnosis of treatment of OCD and related disorders.
Answer the following questions using the grading scale below
1 2 3 4 5
- I often feel the need to confess minor mistakes to others.
- I worry that I am offending others.
- I have a strong sense of right and wrong.
- I frequently worry that God will punish me for things I am doing wrong
- I am afraid I am not acting one hundred percent in accordance with the law.
- I always want to do the right thing and I am extremely bothered when I think I have not.
- I am excessively concerned about saying my religious prayers “perfectly” and need to repeat them if I make a mistake.
- I frequently think about how to be a moral person.
- I am excessively concerned about telling the truth
- I am overly concerned about behaving ethically
- I will do everything in my power to do what I think is "just", even if it is not in my best interest.
- I will go to every extent to return something that does not belong to me.
- If I am charged for an item for less than what it goes for, I will immediately tell the saleperson.
- I am shameful of having "immoral thoughts".
- I have to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth in all circumstances, no white lies.
- If I inadvertently put wrong information on a form I will do everything in my power to correct it.
- Honesty is the most important virtue.
- If someone lies he/she will be punished in some way.
- People who are not completely honest will be punished in some way in this life or in the afterlife.
- I must always do the "right" thing.